johndoe3344

7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have heard that some schools' dean of admissions will take calls from students (Columbia??). Is that true? What would one say? Are most schools receptive of waitlisted students calling the dean?

Also, how common is it that second interviews are given to a candidate on the waitlist? Is this something you can openly ask for either on a phone call or in an interview?

Davydude7

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
Dayton, OH
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I spoke with the dean at the University of Toledo last year when I was on the waitlist. He discussed weaknesses in my application with me, and informed me at that time where I was on the waitlist. He seemed very open to questions, so if you have the opportunity to speak the dean, I would do it. Just email or call the school and see if it is possible.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I called UAMS's admissions department, and they set me up with the dean. If you're directly contacting the dean and requesting he spend a decent amount of his time on you, I think something less in-your-face than a phone call would be appropriate. An email, for instance, would let him figure out when he has 15 minutes to call you instead of having to do it on the fly. If you're just calling admissions, don't worry about it. Be direct, and they'll set up a time for you, if discussing files is something they do.