Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Caluculating GPA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Exalya, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Exalya

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I have attended 6 different schools since I've been in college. I was under 18 when I started, so I was originally subject to living wherever my mother lived. I moved out, and now I'm going to school where I want to go to school.

I am 3 semesters from graduating at my final university (I have no intentions of leaving now that I'm 18). My last semester was a little rough, and my semester (and therefore average at this university) was a 3.0. However, when all my transfer credits are calculated, my GPA is actually a 3.5. I'm assuming that med schools will calculate my GPA by looking at all my grades from all my transcripts, instead of the GPA at my current university (which should only rise, but even so). Am I correct in my assumption? ... it would be a shame to have wasted all those years of work to get to a 3.5 and not have it show up.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 236116

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    every class you have ever gotten college credit for will be counted.

4. Exalya

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Excellent. Thank you.