Campbell 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Strawberry, I can answer most of your questions regarding the masters program. Most pharmacy students that do the masters actually take their P1 year to do the coursework for the masters. From my knowledge with classmates, they only take limited coursework from the pharmacy school that first year. In industry, the masters will actually provide you with a lot of insight regarding the drug development process that you don't get in the pharmacy curriculum. The program also touches a lot on current FDA regulations. If you don't forsee being in clinical trials, I would not recommend it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
To ncsj2157, they should still be interviewing (I just interviewed last week). I would try contacting them.

To RiceAlumPreRx, if you have the time, I was wondering if you could tell me how you are enjoying the MSCR program at Campbell? Do you find it useful? Is it well received by industries?

Basically, I am trying to decide on which pharmacy school to attend. I am considering Campbell because I like the ease in which you can get a joint degree, something I am interested in. But, I want to know if the degree is worth it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! :)

to strawberry2011, i called them today and they were basically like we can't tell you anything but that they had all my materials..which i already knew.
if you don't mind me asking, would you share your gpa, pcat, etc. so i know where i stand?
really interested in going to campbell!

i think besides that i've heard its a good program and know some people that are there already that really like it, i am from NC and would like to stay in the area. So for me it might be more of a convenience or a better fit for me to go there than say somewhere really far away. In an ideal world, I could go there and still be close to my parents, who are older now. Haha so...my reasons may not help you decide why you should go there over Mercer..but thanks for sharing your info.

FYI...Dr. Maddox the dean at Campbell actually came from Mercer. He was the vice dean at Mercer before coming to Campbell to open Campbell's School of Pharmacy. I guess you can kind of say that the programs are somewhat related.

So I have not heard anything from Campbell and I applied back in November, they did email saying they'd wait for my January PCAT scores to come in which they should receive this week. Does anyone know when they send out official rejection letters, I just don't want to be left hanging if like I didn't get in..

I was wondering the same thing. I felt sure I would have heard something by now. I think they are on Spring Break this week though...so maybe after they come back?

I'm a graduate student here at Campbell. I did my undergraduate work in the pharmaceutical sciences track, and now I'm in the master's program for pharmaceutical analysis. I've applied to Campbell twice, and each time I was rejected. The first time was a fluke 'cause my PCAT didn't get there in time. They had to personally call me and tell me that they didn't have all of my information and I had to scramble to get it turned in. Be careful with your PharmCAS, because since I didn't have that linked with my PCAT on my application, they never got the scores. I got the last set of interviews, and it was just a sucky experience.

I got the second round of interviews this year, but since I wanted to get in so badly, I pretty much botched the interview due to nervousness. They sent me an immediate rejection letter, even though I've been here for 5 years, so that stung a bit.

There are a lot of politics here at Campbell on who is accepted and who gets the boot. They do tend to favor current students, but that isn't a one-way ticket.

Pharmacy school students are able to stay in campus housing if they want to, but there are a few off-campus apartments available. University Manor (910-893-6047) is very nice, but slightly expensive ($485 for single, $550 2 bed/1 bath, $625 2 bed/2 bath). Utilities are not included in the renting price. Includes washer and dryer in the apartment.

Another nice one is Campus Habitat, and they are the most expensive that I know of. $515 for 2 bed/2 bath and $480 for 3 bed/3 bath. That doesn't sound that bad, but those prices are paid by each tenant individually. It doesn't matter if you have roommates, you pay that rent amount. On the plus side, water, electricity, and cable/internet are included in the "rent." All furniture is also included (bed, dresser, tv stand, diningroom table and whatnot)... A common place for parties on the weekend.

Collins Park (910-814-1975) is a little bit off campus, but it's a tad cheaper. I'm not sure of the exact rental amount. It is a commonly rented by the foreign graduate students.

Parrish University Court Apartments (910-892-0641) are on campus, and within walking distance of the pharmacy school. I think a one bedroom for them was $375 this past year, and that doesn't include utilities.

Meredith Square Apartments (910 893-5776) are a little away from campus, but are very nice. I do not know the price of them.

A lot of graduate students also stay in a subdivision of houses and townhouses down the road. It's called The Meadows. I don't know who to contact to rent a place here, but it's quite popular to host parties on the weekends.

Found another one: Kivett Townhomes are near Parrish University Court Apartments, so still rather close to the pharmacy school. http://kivett-townhomes.com/index.html

I myself stay in Creekside Apartments, which have studios and one-bedroom apartments. There is a laundry facility building for tenant use. The studio is the same size as the one-bedroom, but is cheaper. The one-bedroom looks to have central heating while the studio has a built-in heating and cooling system. They are well kept, and plenty of room for one person. My neighbors to my right are actually roommates and they share the space. http://web.me.com/creeksideapartments/Creekside_Apartments/Welcome.html

Hope that helps anyone that is coming to Campbell in the fall! Congratulations, it truly is a great school. I love it here and I hope you do as well.

I just got accepted this morning. :laugh: and i was interviewed last thursday.

I interviewed April 14th and received my acceptance letter April 26th!
For those who are worried about your PCAT scores, don't. My scores were extremely low. I'm still wondering how I got in! My GPA is 3.8 and I have pharmacy work experience (not much) and extracurriculars as well. I enjoyed my interview day very much! Everyone was very nice and my interviewers were great, they made me feel very comfortable.

I also interviewed on the 14th and received my acceptance letter on the 26th... decisions decisions :) :) :)

Has anybody come off from wait-list yet??? I am desperate to know. I've had my interview on November 2010 and placed on their wait-list since then. I am tired of waiting now. Am I the only one who is in this situation? Cambell is my first choice, so I can't even concentrate on the school I received admission. :(

ps: Congrats! lovepharma, Callahan, medeave2. I really envy you guys!!

Last edited:
Has anybody come off from wait-list yet??? I am desperate to know. I've had my interview on November 2010 and placed on their wait-list since then. I am tired of waiting now. Am I the only one who is in this situation? Cambell is my first choice, so I can't even concentrate on the school I received admission. :(

ps: Congrats! lovepharma, Callahan, medeave2. I really envy you guys!!

Thanks, Sudalotter. i think that u should call them to see what they say about it. Good luck!!!:)

Have any of you guys received a background check email last night? for those of you got accepted, did u ever complete a background check for Campbell? cuz i got one last night, it didnt say which pharmacy school.
Thanks.

Hey Lovepharma, I did'nt get that email but I do know that we had to sign a waiver to let them do a background check during the interview. Maybe they were missing this from your packet so that's why they are requesting it from you now.

I wasn't able to attend the mini orientation due to plans I had made before getting into the program. Can someone who attended please catch me up on what you all did and if the majority of the class was present?

Thanks!

If I'm considering applying to one of the joint programs, is it an all or nothing application? Pharmacy school is the most important piece to me, but I'd love to do the dual MSCR. If i don't get accepted to one, would I automatically not be accepted to the other, either? How does that work?

If I'm considering applying to one of the joint programs, is it an all or nothing application? Pharmacy school is the most important piece to me, but I'd love to do the dual MSCR. If i don't get accepted to one, would I automatically not be accepted to the other, either? How does that work?

You can apply to the dual MSCR program at the same time that you apply to the Pharm D program or ANY time after that, including after you have graduated with your Pharm D. So if you wanted to you could get your Pharm D and then go back to school later and still get your MSCR through the joint program (which requires less hours than the regular program).

I haven't heard of anyone being accepted to the Pharm D program and not to MSCR, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you are not accepted to the Pharm D program, however, you would probably have to apply separately to the Masters program if you are still interested in it but I'm not positive. If I were you I would contact the school as they can give you more detailed information than I can. If you can visit the campus I would highly recommend it. They will give you lots of information about the Pharm D program and the joint programs as well.