Campbell interview WITHOUT PCAT scores??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SHC1984

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called Campbell Pharmacy school yesterday and told them my situation...applying late....taking the PCAT on Jan 24th...etc etc. And the guy said that sometimes Campbell interview applicants BEFORE they have recieve their PCAT scores!!! Does this happen a lot? I have a chem degree with a 3.84 GPA overall, Pharmcas GPA is proberly in the 3.9s...so hopfully I am one of them. hahaha...
Anyone got an interview to Campbell before sending in a PCAT score? Anyone know of anyone that got an interview to Campbell before sending in a PCAT score??? Please share any information. Thanks a lot. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I called Campbell Pharmacy school yesterday and told them my situation...applying late....taking the PCAT on Jan 24th...etc etc. And the guy said that sometimes Campbell interview applicants BEFORE they have recieve their PCAT scores!!! Does this happen a lot? I have a chem degree with a 3.84 GPA overall, Pharmcas GPA is proberly in the 3.9s...so hopfully I am one of them. hahaha...
Anyone got an interview to Campbell before sending in a PCAT score? Anyone know of anyone that got an interview to Campbell before sending in a PCAT score??? Please share any information. Thanks a lot. :)

Each school is different, so you won't get a straight answer unless it came from a campbell student. However overall, many schools will interview based on your application alone. PCAT is necessary for acceptance (when required), but not really for interview.

Remember that the interview is SIMPLY a required component to a school's decision. It's a lot like LORs. You must personal speak with a faculty member and they write you an LOR. Then your application is COMPLETE and a decision CAN be made. If you lack the interview, you can't be accepted. You should see interviews in that light, not as a 'I'm in if I get past the interview.' People fail to understand that an interview does not mean all interviewees are necessarily on equal footing.

Yep. They want to know that you are a real person with a real desire to be in the pharmacy field, not just some robot who sat in their dorm room 24/7 studying. A lot of schools make their decisions based on GPA+PCAT+interview = admissions decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each school is different, so you won't get a straight answer unless it came from a campbell student. However overall, many schools will interview based on your application alone. PCAT is necessary for acceptance (when required), but not really for interview.

Remember that the interview is SIMPLY a required component to a school's decision. It's a lot like LORs. You must personal speak with a faculty member and they write you an LOR. Then your application is COMPLETE and a decision CAN be made. If you lack the interview, you can't be accepted. You should see interviews in that light, not as a 'I'm in if I get past the interview.' People fail to understand that an interview does not mean all interviewees are necessarily on equal footing.

I wasn't aware that the school will interview you BEFORE you finish everything meaning PCAT too. I mean won't the school be taking a risk if they interview you and then you end up making a low PCAT score?? If you know what I mean. LOL...

Do you know anyone that go an interview before they send in a PCAT score? if you do which school and what were their GPA? IF you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

Yep. They want to know that you are a real person with a real desire to be in the pharmacy field, not just some robot who sat in their dorm room 24/7 studying. A lot of schools make their decisions based on GPA+PCAT+interview = admissions decision.

That is very true that is why I was very involved in different clubs and played tennis when I was in college. ;) Now I am working as a Pharm Tech....fun stuff...:rolleyes:
I think all schools based their admissions on PCAT/GPA/interview....just some value one more than the other.

Not that it probably matters now.. but Campbell is actually considering not even using PCAT scores next year. So yeah, PCAT scores are not a big deal, AT ALL, at Campbell. I would say that the interview is more than anything. I know a ton of people with 4.0's at Campbell and UNC that did not get in at Campbell because they didn't interview well.

Can't speak for Campbell exactly, however, I did apply there. I have an interview this Friday with wingate and they haven't received my pcat score yet from the sept 28th test date. My GPA is 3.45 with a 3.79 in science. They received my application from pharmcas today and called today. They haven't even got my supp yet, I am bringing it with me Friday!! Good luck!

Can't speak for Campbell exactly, however, I did apply there. I have an interview this Friday with wingate and they haven't received my pcat score yet from the sept 28th test date. My GPA is 3.45 with a 3.79 in science. They received my application from pharmcas today and called today. They haven't even got my supp yet, I am bringing it with me Friday!! Good luck!

SHC was accepted 2 years ago and now he/she is a pharmacy student :|. So, I don't get the "good luck" part :confused:

Cool, my old thread is back! :D I haven't started a thread in YEARS! lol.... Yes, I am already a pharmacy student AND Campbell did call me for an interview, but I decline since I was already accepted into 2 other schools when they called me. :)

Pharmacy school is okay. I just need to graduate ASAP. Just three more years and I'll be 30! :(

Pharmacy school is okay. I just need to graduate ASAP. Just three more years and I'll be 30! :(
And your looks will be gone if they aren't already. After 24, you might as well hang it up.

Cool, my old thread is back! :D I haven't started a thread in YEARS! lol.... Yes, I am already a pharmacy student AND Campbell did call me for an interview, but I decline since I was already accepted into 2 other schools when they called me. :)

SHC, we don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do enjoy your presence on the board.

However ... *casts shade and EPIC side eye*

30 is such a GHASTLY age! *GROAN* Whatever will you do? :D I don't see why people don't pull a Madame Butterfly and off themselves immediately after turning 30 ...

Unless one is already 31 (turning 32 on Thanksgiving) with big muscles a baby face, and is planning to start Pharmacy school next Fall at either UCSF or UNC. :luck: All others should find the nearest cliff, throw themselves into the air, hoping to hit a stalagmite at the bottom of the shore in order to put them out of their wretched misery. ;)

SHC, we don't see eye to eye on many things, but I do enjoy your presence on the board.

However ... *casts shade and EPIC side eye*

30 is such a GHASTLY age! *GROAN* Whatever will you do? :D I don't see why people don't pull a Madame Butterfly and off themselves immediately after turning 30 ...

Unless one is already 31 (turning 32 on Thanksgiving) with big muscles a baby face, and is planning to start Pharmacy school next Fall at either UCSF or UNC. :luck: All others should find the nearest cliff, throw themselves into the air, hoping to hit a stalagmite at the bottom of the shore in order to put them out of their wretched misery. ;)

Actually I think we do agree on most things. Our conflict before was is 200K debt worth it for pharmacy students to take out. You say yes, it is if the student has a passion in pharmacy. I AGREE with that. If a person has a true real passion in pharmacy and love it more than anything else. I think taking out 200K to make a dream come true is totally worth it! :)

I just said if a person thinks of pharmacy as just a job and don't really LOVE IT to death, then taking out more than 100K would be a waste of money. I think you would agree with that too won't you? If you don't really like pharmacy why would you invest 200K into it?? 200K is a lot of money to take out if you don't really LOVE it. I know I won't spend 200K on something unless I was totally in love with the item! Just saying.

But I think we see eye to eye on this. :) And I enjoy everyone's presence on this board too.

OH and regarding the AGE issue. I am the marrying type. I want to eventually get married one day and maybe even have a child or two. If you want that too then 30 would be getting too old as I want to be married AND have a good paying job by that age. However, if you are the type that NEVER want to get married and NEVER want children and you want to be single forever then it won't matter to you what age you are when you graduate. For me I would like to have a good paying job, a great husband by the time I hit 30. I have goals in my life that I want to follow thru and I have certain expectations for myself as I reach a certain age. I don't want to still be a student living like a teenager when I am that old. That's just my opinion. For the people that want to stay single forever, that's their choice and I am totally cool with that. It's just not me.

Last edited:
And your looks will be gone if they aren't already. After 24, you might as well hang it up.

It's not about my looks. I'll be gorgeous forever. ;) I just have certain expectations for myself as I reach a certain age and living like a teenager/still in school when I am 30 yo is NOT my goal. Just saying.