Campbell University DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPThopeful1859

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently on the waiting list for Campbell Univ. for their DPT program. Anyone else heard anything or know how often they take people off the waitlist? I know they said it could be up until their application deadline in Sept. until they start ranking the waitlist and even up to the last minute as December to hear anything. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently on the waiting list for Campbell Univ. for their DPT program. Anyone else heard anything or know how often they take people off the waitlist? I know they said it could be up until their application deadline in Sept. until they start ranking the waitlist and even up to the last minute as December to hear anything. Thanks!
I am also on the wait list for Campbell. I interviewed there on 9/30. I received an email saying I am on the top ten wait list. Have you heard anything since April from them?

I got my acceptance for them on August 3rd after being on the waitlist since March after my interview. I know they are currently trying to fill up the rest of the class, but I'm unsure of the class size they are trying to cap it at. Maybe around 40-42? My guess is they are wanting to fill the last 5-7 slots. How did your interview go? What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance for them on August 3rd after being on the waitlist since March after my interview. I know they are currently trying to fill up the rest of the class, but I'm unsure of the class size they are trying to cap it at. Maybe around 40-42? My guess is they are wanting to fill the last 5-7 slots. How did your interview go? What are your stats?
That's awesome! Congrats! I'm happy to hear they went to the wait list so early, even before all of the interviews were done. Thanks for giving me some hope. I felt really good about my interview. The professor commented on how much great and varied experience I have. I was very disappointed to be put on the wait list. I am ready to send in my deposit and go if offered a seat. My GPA is 3.59, I have 3000+ hours of PT shadowing, my GRE scores are on par with their averages. The email said I could hear any time from now to the end of December. What are your stats like?

Thank you! Do you remember who you interviewed with? I felt like their interview was SOOO laid back!!! I felt totally comfortable!

Your stats are better than mine: My overall GPA was a 3.31, last 60 hours 3.85 and my GRE was pretty average as well. I've had probably the same amount of hours as you!! I've been attempting to get into school for 6-7 years, so I'm sure I'm definitely over 5,000 hours! Where were your observation hours at? I know I submitted my hours, but apparently didn't specify that a lot of those hours were in different settings (aquatics, geriatric, sports, etc.) because I thought it would just be considered general orthopedic....but, Kate, the admissions coordinator, emailed me and told me to specify and it might bump me up a few spots on the list. I did exactly that and a week or so later I received a phone call :)

Thank you! Do you remember who you interviewed with? I felt like their interview was SOOO laid back!!! I felt totally comfortable!

Your stats are better than mine: My overall GPA was a 3.31, last 60 hours 3.85 and my GRE was pretty average as well. I've had probably the same amount of hours as you!! I've been attempting to get into school for 6-7 years, so I'm sure I'm definitely over 5,000 hours! Where were your observation hours at? I know I submitted my hours, but apparently didn't specify that a lot of those hours were in different settings (aquatics, geriatric, sports, etc.) because I thought it would just be considered general orthopedic....but, Kate, the admissions coordinator, emailed me and told me to specify and it might bump me up a few spots on the list. I did exactly that and a week or so later I received a phone call :)

Wow! Thanks for all of the great information. I interviewed with Dr Crouch and a PT student. Both were very nice. I graduated in 2014 with a BA in Bio. I've retaken some science classes that I got C's in to up my GPA. My last 60 is the 3.59, maybe a little higher now since I got another A in my last class. My observation hours are at a Women's specialty PT, ortho, geriatric, special needs, concussion therapy, in patient facility and sports. Did you email Kate at all once you got the email about being put on the wait list? Who did you interview with? What other schools have you applied to? I feel I need to open up my options now because I don't know if Campbell will offer me a seat. Campbell is my first choice!

Wow! Thanks for all of the great information. I interviewed with Dr Crouch and a PT student. Both were very nice. I graduated in 2014 with a BA in Bio. I've retaken some science classes that I got C's in to up my GPA. My last 60 is the 3.59, maybe a little higher now since I got another A in my last class. My observation hours are at a Women's specialty PT, ortho, geriatric, special needs, concussion therapy, in patient facility and sports. Did you email Kate at all once you got the email about being put on the wait list? Who did you interview with? What other schools have you applied to? I feel I need to open up my options now because I don't know if Campbell will offer me a seat. Campbell is my first choice!

That's awesome! Yes, I did email her and said I appreciated her letting me know. I thanked her and the staff for still considering me and that I hope to hear something positive soon since Campbell was a great school. I believe I interviewed with Dr. Warren? He's from Australia, I think, but I also had 2 other students sit in on my interview. I applied there and GA State, but GA State fell through...I applied to them early decision so if I heard back, I could decide between the two schools, but Campbell offered first and the deposit was due before I ever heard anything back from state, so I just put my deposit down there. A week before the early decision interview is when I heard back from state, saying they weren't offering me an ED interview and they'd throw me in the general applicant pool, THEN a week after THAT email, I got another one saying "Hey, we'd like you to come for an interview now that you're in the general applicant pool, but it's on Dec. 2nd.....so, you didn't think I was good enough to interview for early decision, but for the general applicant pool? I would have to wait a MONTH before classes start at Campbell JUST to interview with you?? NOPE!

I think you have a good shot, honestly. How many others did you interview with and do you know if they've gotten accepted elsewhere?

That's awesome! Yes, I did email her and said I appreciated her letting me know. I thanked her and the staff for still considering me and that I hope to hear something positive soon since Campbell was a great school. I believe I interviewed with Dr. Warren? He's from Australia, I think, but I also had 2 other students sit in on my interview. I applied there and GA State, but GA State fell through...I applied to them early decision so if I heard back, I could decide between the two schools, but Campbell offered first and the deposit was due before I ever heard anything back from state, so I just put my deposit down there. A week before the early decision interview is when I heard back from state, saying they weren't offering me an ED interview and they'd throw me in the general applicant pool, THEN a week after THAT email, I got another one saying "Hey, we'd like you to come for an interview now that you're in the general applicant pool, but it's on Dec. 2nd.....so, you didn't think I was good enough to interview for early decision, but for the general applicant pool? I would have to wait a MONTH before classes start at Campbell JUST to interview with you?? NOPE!

I think you have a good shot, honestly. How many others did you interview with and do you know if they've gotten accepted elsewhere?

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive I really want to attend Campbell! There were 16 of us interviewing last week. A couple only applied to Campbell others didn't specify. Best of luck to you at Campbell!

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck as well!!

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive I really want to attend Campbell! There were 16 of us interviewing last week. A couple only applied to Campbell others didn't specify. Best of luck to you at Campbell!
Hey! I am also currently in the top 10 on the wait list at campbell, I'm getting pretty nervous at this point because I have not heard anything since I received that email. Have you heard anything from Kate the admissions coordinator?

Hey! I am also currently in the top 10 on the wait list at campbell, I'm getting pretty nervous at this point because I have not heard anything since I received that email. Have you heard anything from Kate the admissions coordinator?
I have not heard anything else either. But in my email it said I may not hear until late December - at the latest. Is that what your email said too?

When did you interview at Campbell? @EVERY2NDCOUNTS

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea my email said the same thing. I interviewed on June 3rd, wbu?
I interviewed on 9/30. The original email said I was wait listed but then I received a second email a couple hours later saying I was on the top ten wait list. Did you also get two emails @EVERY2NDCOUNTS? When did you receive the emails?

Yea I got the second email a month or two later. Still waiting to get in though, and its getting close to December :/Have you heard from any other schools?

Yea I got the second email a month or two later. Still waiting to get in though, and its getting close to December :/Have you heard from any other schools?
I'm still waiting to hear from Campbell also. Yes, I have two upcoming interviews. Have you heard from any other schools @EVERY2NDCOUNTS?

I'm still waiting to hear from Campbell also. Yes, I have two upcoming interviews. Have you heard from any other schools @EVERY2NDCOUNTS?
That's good, I hope you get into both of those! I havnt heard from any other schools, so I am really banking on getting off this waitlist and into Campbell. Its really testing my patience haha @DPTapplicant805

That's good, I hope you get into both of those! I havnt heard from any other schools, so I am really banking on getting off this waitlist and into Campbell. Its really testing my patience haha @DPTapplicant805
Thank you! I would love for Campbell to come through for me also. So many schools are just starting to send out interview invites. I'm sure you'll get some others @EVERY2NDCOUNTS.

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything from Campbell yet this cycle? I applied and my application was completed, but I haven't heard anything about interviews yet.

Hey guys, has anyone heard anything from Campbell yet this cycle? I applied and my application was completed, but I haven't heard anything about interviews yet.
I realize this is kinda old but I just interviewed this past Friday! Did you interview?

I realize this is kinda old but I just interviewed this past Friday! Did you interview?
How was the interview process at Campbell? What kind of questions did they ask? Did anything catch you off guard? I'm thinking of applying to Campbell next year and I would really like to know more about their interview process.

How was the interview process at Campbell? What kind of questions did they ask? Did anything catch you off guard? I'm thinking of applying to Campbell next year and I would really like to know more about their interview process.
Pretty normal questions! It was one 30min interview with a professor and a student. They really care about rural healthcare so be prepared to talk about that. Otherwise, pretty straight foreward.