Campbell University - Religion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDOc1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Campbell Undergrad is a very religious institution. I'm wondering if the medical school is also going to attract the same religious community. Specifically, do all accepted students identify as being very religious? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Campbell Undergrad is a very religious institution. I'm wondering if the medical school is also going to attract the same religious community. Specifically, do all accepted students identify as being very religious? Thanks!

I interviewed here last September (I'm not religious at all). One of my interviews was with the Dean. I specifically asked him about religion at the medical school. He said that Campbell is a religious institution but there will not be any sort of religious courses that medical students are required to take (I know the undergrads are required to take these). The staff all seemed pretty religious (not all Baptist, some were Catholic, etc.). They assured me that religion would not get in the way of teaching science and medicine but that they hoped it would instill a sense of inclusion, respect, faith, etc etc among the students. They said they accept all faiths (Catholic, Muslim, Atheist, etc). The faculty member who gave us a tour did her graduate studies in religious studies or something similar. Since I am not a religious person, the whole religious vibe kind of made me uncomfortable. I was not a fan of the religious feeling at Campbell, but being an atheist may be the reason for that. :laugh:

I recently did an academic development course with a member of faculty from Campbell...I can say there was no indication of religious bent from this faculty member....be aware that if the school takes federal dollars for tuition, discriminating candidates on religious views is strictly prohibited.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently did an academic development course with a member of faculty from Campbell...I can say there was no indication of religious bent from this faculty member....be aware that if the school takes federal dollars for tuition, discriminating candidates on religious views is strictly prohibited.

Doesn't stop them from doing it though.