Can a PharmD work for Alcon for eyecare?

Started by lesept2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lesept2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interest for vision and I am currently a pharm sci major. I am still debating between optometry and pharmacy school. I like medication, ochem, how drugs work and such. I was wondering if as a PharmD I could work for Alcon company that takes care of eyecare and work in their institute/research facility. Or would it take some specialization after grad school? Im new to this. Thanks
 
If you are interested in ophthalmology research I would forgo optometry and pharmacy school and go for a PhD instead. There are a number of research groups specializing in ophthalmology at various med and pharmacy schools. Plus you would not have to worry about student loans.