Can all conditions be found through screening?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skarphe

Reaction score
In light of this weeks events where the 37 year old Iker Casillas, former goalkeeper in the Spanish national soccer team, suffered a heart attach during training, I found myself asking "how was this not detected earlier?". All athletes at the elite level get screened now and then using ECG and ultrasonography, yet here is a man who have had a full career of soccer without any knowledge of a heart condition, and then this suddenly occurs.

I suppose my question is, are there any types of conditions that we currently fail to detect using the methods available?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In light of this weeks events where the 37 year old Iker Casillas, former goalkeeper in the Spanish national soccer team, suffered a heart attach during training, I found myself asking "how was this not detected earlier?". All athletes at the elite level get screened now and then using ECG and ultrasonography, yet here is a man who have had a full career of soccer without any knowledge of a heart condition, and then this suddenly occurs.

I suppose my question is, are there any types of conditions that we currently fail to detect using the methods available?

Thanks

Are you joking? The VAST majority of conditions can not be detected through screening...are you in the medical field?

Are you joking? The VAST majority of conditions can not be detected through screening...are you in the medical field?
Given that he joined yesterday, to ask a question about a goalie that virtually nobody here has heard of, I'm going to guess no.

I'm also going to close this thread, since it's not germane to the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.