Advice for CARS

Started by moneyking
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

moneyking

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like some advice on how to improve on CARS. My exam is on September 23rd and I have decided to focus mainly on CARS because the Medical School I am trying to apply to only looks at CARS. So far I have done around 65~ passages; doing 1-3 passages per day (from TPRH 2011 verbal workbook) while I was doing content review for the past month. However, I have decided to let go of doing the content review for the sciences and focus mainly on CARS. I have done 1-60 of AAMC CARS Qpack 1 and scored 40%. I also did the NS diagnostic today for CARS and got 122. I have 22 days left till my exam, and I am planning on studying 10-12 hours per days just on CARS (in total 220 hours~). The materials I have are(will only be doing the CARS section):6 TPR FLs, 3 Kaplan FLs, 4 EK FLs, 5 NS FLs, All new AAMC materials, and 8 old AAMC Fls. Is it possible for me to improve my score above 11 within this period of time. And How should I go about doing so?

Tl;dr
only doing CARS for the MCAT
have 22 days to study
currently at 122
want to get 11+
Have a lot of material
How do I go about doing so?
 
Last edited: