Can Amir Al Dabaagh (Case Western) and Anjali Rankissoon redeem their careers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Who is more doomed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

urMDandDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is no secret that both Amir Al Dabaagh and Anjali Rankissoon have both committed a lot of time and effort to medicine. Due to a set of their own unique circumstances, it is likely their career as a physician may not even have a chance to blossom. Which one of these two is more likely to say goodbye to a career in medicine? While they were both, without a shadow of a doubt, unprofessional in their behaviors, is it just right for the medical school and residency program to not give these two young people a chance at redemption, perhaps through community service or some other endeavor?

Members don't see this ad.

You should add a "Who cares" option

Reactions: 12 users
Young people? We are not talking about freshman college kids on their first time away from home. Amir is 27 and Anjali is 30. Plenty of time for these "young people" to mature and realize the difference between right and wrong. These were not isolated events but a string of incidences where integrity and judgement was lacking. But can you blame them? Apparently, they were able to get away with this kind of behavior and not face punishment. Its the basic classic operant conditioning mechanism. At no point was there punishment or negative reinforcement for unethical behavior. How did they go so long without it? Who knows? Privilege? Entitlement? Maybe this was all some bigger part of some grand scheme of the universe? At the end of the day, someone has to pay the piper. Amir has ran out of appeals and Anjali is just getting started. Let the courts and medical boards decide for these 2 individuals and let Amir and Anjali decide how they are gonna respond to this huge setback. True character surfaces from trauma and adversity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amir al Dabagh already said goodbye to the field of medicine
Stop obsessing over the miami doctor

Reactions: 1 users
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Rankissoon completed 3+ years of post graduate training, she can legally practice, right? Whether or not anyone would hire her is another matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Rankissoon completed 3+ years of post graduate training, she can legally practice, right? Whether or not anyone would hire her is another matter.
If she passed step 3, then yeah she can practice.

Physicians are called upon to treat, and withhold judgement of others while they get better. It is sad, that society doesn't lend that same courtesy to it's physicians.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.