can anyone dares to list their acceptance with the lowest gpa and mcat sores...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loverboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! guys, I'm worried I still have to take second semester of o'chem and physics however so far my gpa is 3.1(science), is there is any chance in medschool or what else I should do to bump it up to a decent or competetive level.

Members don't see this ad.

Once again, I apologize for a spelling error, I meant "scores"..geez...........

It depends on where you apply. Plus, it depends on what else you have going for you. Wait till you take the MCAT and see if that offsets your low GPA. Do you have a good amount of volunteer time or other important EC. It is not unheard of to have a 3.1 and still get in but you need something to tip the scales in your favor. Try very hard this semester to get a few A's and that will bring your GPA up. Good luck.
Amy

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont forget if you make a mistake in your post you can go in and edit it. Look at the top of the message you sent and you will see a piece of paper with a pencil icon. Click on this and you can edit your post. Some of the newer posters may not be aware of this. So you can go in and change the title misspelling you made. ;)

Hey so are you a sophmore in college or just only taking two more classes? If you still have a bunch of credits left you'd be suprised how much you could pull it up. I would try to bring it up to at least about a 3.3 (or 3.5 would be great) and pull at least a 30 on your MCAT and have a bunch of ECs you would have a good good shot. Just keep in mind GPA is not all they look for. Improving grade trends, EC activities, MCAT, recs and interviews are important!! Good luck.

Oh and to answer what you asked...I have a 3.4 science GPA and have been accepted to 2 schools... and a 9V 9P 10B MCAT....but my first semester at college was messed up due to medical stuff so you can't really take it for face value....good luck!!

Thanx for all the replies, Ist of all I tried to edit spelling error..for some reason I couldn't get any access, i think that option is for administrators only. Other then that, I'll be graduating form UC davis this june and I just need two more science courses to satisfy my degree requirement however, after taking your advice under consideration I should take some more science courses to boost my gpa up. thanx alot and newcomers please don't forget to post yours...

My GPA's lower, but my MCAT is higher, so I'll post both mine & my husband's. Shhhhh, don't tell him, lol (not that it matters anymore, we're in :) !)

GPA 3.34, Sci GPA 3.28 MCAT 25 (8 9 8)
GPA 3.21, Sci GPA 3.03 MCAT 36 (11 12 13)

Oh yeah, we got into the same allopathic school.
Good luck!!!!!!

I'm kind of in loverboy's situation. I also have a 3.1 (barely) and a 30 mcat. My hospital volunteering is under 85 hours; however, I had worked throughout college and had a child at 20 years old. Would medical schools take into consideration that I had to pay my way through school and take care of my kid? Thats gotta help some, right?
Russ

2.71 overall GPA. ~3.5 sciGPA. 30 MCAT (10,10,10). 7 interviews. 1 acceptance. So far.

is it just me or are the "mcat sores" cracking all of you up too??? :D :D

seriously though..."loverboy" :rolleyes: , why don't you edit your title? click on the pencil/paper icon..or can only senior members do that?

btw..i would add to your thread..but no accepts yet! :(

heck, my mcat sores still haven't healed! :p :D

As long as I cheer you guys up..I've served my purpose.. :D

Originally posted by maple:
•is it just me or are the "mcat sores" cracking all of you up too??? :D :D

seriously though..."loverboy" :rolleyes: , why don't you edit your title? click on the pencil/paper icon..or can only senior members do that?

btw..i would add to your thread..but no accepts yet! :( •••
:D

Too add to the list,

A friend of mine has been accepted at MSUCHM and Wayne with a 3.4 gpa and 28 MCAT

thanx ppl. I just found out that last semester I got "b" in Physics Ist semester aswell as "b" in o'chem ist semster..I've bees so pist cause now I heard physics second semester is even harder..there goes my chances..But anyways thanx for filling in blanks here... :(