Can anyone help me eliminate some schools off of my list? I want to cut about 5-8 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThatSerb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am mainly looking to cut schools based off of stats or OOS preferences. But if there is something else that jumps out in regards to school preferences and my app details, I'd be happy to hear it. I want to get my list down to about 35-38 schools (it is at 42 now).

Here is the gist of my app:

US applicant, White, California resident

Stats:
-Cumulative GPA: 3.77
-MCAT: 515 (127/127/130/131)

Research:
-Research experience in two different labs (two different universities). No papers published

-Did clinical research with a physical therapist to help create an application that can detect and prevent falls in elderly populations. I mainly helped him collect data. Again, no published papers or anything like that, so not sure if it is worth much.

ECs:
-Created a chapter of an organization that does medical-mission trips in Latin American countries at my university. Led this chapter to go on 3 different medical-service trips. The trips involved working in rural clinics with physicians. I went on 4 trips myself.

-Peace Corps Community Health Volunteer: I got to serve for about 7 months before I had to return to the US b/c of COVID. My official status with Peace Corps and the US government, however, is the same as it would’ve been if I did complete the full service.

-AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer: I started this when I returned to the states after Peace Corps. I work in a free-clinic and help improve their quality of care standards. I also translate some of the doctor’s visits when needed (Spanish).

Shadowing:

-20 hours ER
-20 hours forensic pathology
-4 hours pulmonology
-4 hours pediatric cardiologist

Other info:
-I have a D on my transcript in Ochem I. However, I retook the series at a different university (transfer) and got all As.
-I have an IA on my primary app. Minor alcohol violation from freshman year (2015). It was expunged from the school's records

Current list:
Albany
Albert Einstein
BU
UCLA
UC DAVIS
UCSF
UCSD
UCI
Cincinnati
Dartmouth
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Hofstra
Jefferson
Kaiser
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Miami
Mt Sinai
Nova MD
Oakland Beaumont
OH State
Pittsburgh
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Rosy Franklin
Rush
Tufts
Tulane
U CO
U IA
U VM
U WI
USC Keck
USF Morsani
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Western MI

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

BU and Sinai seem out of reach for you (IMO).

Members don't see this ad :)
Done.

Current list:
Albany
Albert Einstein
BU
UCLA
UC DAVIS
UCSF
UCSD
UCI
Cincinnati
Dartmouth
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Hofstra
Jefferson
Kaiser
Loyola
Miami
Mt Sinai
OH State
Pittsburgh
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Rush
Tufts
Tulane
U CO
U VM
USC Keck
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Western MI

Done.

Current list:
Albany
Albert Einstein
BU
UCLA
UC DAVIS
UCSF
UCSD
UCI
Cincinnati
Dartmouth
Drexel
Emory
George Washington
Georgetown
Hofstra
Jefferson
Kaiser
Loyola
Miami
Mt Sinai
OH State
Pittsburgh
Quinnipiac
Rochester
Rush
Tufts
Tulane
U CO
U VM
USC Keck
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Western MI
Thank you so much! Did you remove those because of high in-state preferences?