Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Can anyone help me wit classes

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by ladyscorpian14, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ladyscorpian14

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Ok I only get enough to take 12 credits a semester my problem is one of the bio classes I wanted to take didn't come with a lab. So I'm at 11 credits with gentics and lab and bio 2 and cell biology which will count towards my pre-med GPA since it doesn't come with a lab it's going to count as an elective instead of going towards my degree so should I take a language class just to get 4 cr i really don't care to take this class or should i take normal nutrtion which is 4 cr but which will also be an elective but won't count towards my pre-med GPA. I just don't want to waste money and take classes that will be all electives and not count for anything:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 236116

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    - why won't cell count?

- do you need gen ed?

4. Starlingbruin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    do you have to take 12 units to be a pre-med student?

5. NTF

NTF PGY-6
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-med GPA". Are you referring to your BCPM?

Be aware that med schools will see every grade for every class you take post-HS or GED.

They will calculate two GPAs your cumulative GPA and your BCPM GPA.

Plus, most med schools want to see a well rounded course history. So doing well in humanities, history, etc. is important too.