Can anyone recommend an instant read dosimeter?

Started by wscott
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wscott

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone recommend an instant read dosimeter?
I am an interventional spine doc.

My readings have been on the high side ALARA level 1.

We have a lead skirt, thyroid collar, lead glasses.

It is a older c-arm - Genoray. Never heard of them before. I set on pulsed, low dose. Physicist says it is working fine, but who knows.

Looking to get an instant read dosimeter to measure exposure before and after implemented changes.
Which one do you use?

Thanks
 
Only know one person at our institution that uses one, will try to ask them, they got it as a trinket from a rep I believe

As a caveat, the person that uses it says the readings from it are way higher than the dosimeter badge reports