Can come people SKIP the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tam2688

tam2688
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I am asking is, I am a bit confused about something. When schools get your information and decide ok, this person is a good candidate, are there some people they accept without interview? I think not, but I am seeing only "marginal" students getting interviews and some people saying they got the acceptance letter. I think it is that everyone who is a good candidate gets the interview and after then the committee has to decide whether they will accept the person.

Please clear me on this.

Thanks

Tam

Members don't see this ad.

Short and simple answer is no. Schools never accept candidates without interview.

I doubt it...interviewing should be like the "last step" unless your
missing some required material. Im sure every single student in
optometry school HAS been interviewed. Even those in joint programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks guys. I thought so, I was just a bit unsure.

For the most part I'd say no. However, (though I can't completely recall) I remember hearing something about someone having a phone interview or something of the matter, but I believe that was from an EXTREME circumstance.

I think puerto rico does some phone interviews.

And for the most part.. an interview is a good thing.. you get to see the school.... meet students.. meet admissions... maybe even meet some staff...

And best part about it.. they answer ALL of your questions that you may have...