can I change programs after submitting AMCAS?

Started by SMW
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have submitted my AMCAS app and designated the regular MD program for 22 schools. I'm now thinking I'd like to apply to the MD/MPH program at 12 of the 22 schools that offer it. Can I change now? I submitted on 7/25 and my application hasn't been processed yet, and likely won't be for at least a month. In the meantime I'm sending paper copies of AMCAS to schools who've solicited them and/or have their secondaries/supplements on-line. I'm thinking of just adding a note with the paper copy (which will NOT include the list of designated schools, and thus not the program applied to) that I want to change the program from regular MD to MD/MPH. But should I also try to change the AMCAS app at the same time? Any thoughts?