Medical Can I come back from a downward GPA trend junior year?

Started by Goro
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My cGPA trend has been 3.85 -> 3.69 -> 3.56 and my sGPA trend has been 3.75 -> 3.70 -> 3.49. My current cGPA is 3.71 and my sGPA is 3.64. Is this a bad trend or am I being neurotic?
Honestly, it's not good. But U-shaped trends are very common so if you can have a SR year as good as FR, you should be OK.
 
Thank you both @Goro and @TheBoneDoctah. This year was hard on me especially this past semester, but I know I can finish strong. Could I potentially be asked why I have U-shaped trend?

Sure they can ask you that. Are the chances high that they will? No. It’s not like you went from a 4.0 to a 2.5.

Have an explanation ready that you can eloquently present to the interviewer just in case though.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Status
Not open for further replies.