Can I get TMDSAS TX residency through sibling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iceberg_lettuce

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm 22 and I've been living with my older sibling (age 24) for the majority of last year. My older sibling is claiming me as a dependent on his tax return since he is a qualifying relative and I've earned less than $4000 for the tax year. My older sibling is a TX residency through employment (enough to cover over half my living expenses)
I hope to apply for medical school during this application cycle.

My question is this - would I be able to get TMDSAS Texas residency through my older sibling? What kind of supporting documentation would I need?

My parents reside out of state and do help with my tuition. They also help with a portion of our rent.
 
Last edited: