Can I Get Your Thoughts on Chemistry Passage Application Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clairephillips

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a nontraditional student trying to take the MCAT after having some of my prereqs 15 years ago. I'm learning slowly, but I really do feel like I'm understanding what I'm covering. I watch Chad's videos for each subject and require myself to score 100% on his quizzes before even moving on to reading the chapter in TPRH. While reading the question, I make sure I can do each example question. Doing that, I really have a good understanding of what's going on in the content. I then do 1/3 of the TPRH Science Workbook discretes and passages to practice. In every other subject, I am finding the passages and discretes extraordinarily easy and everything clicks. Last night, however, I did the section corresponding to the first chapter of chemistry and only got 75% correct. I can see where a lot of my problems were connected to not reading the entire paragraph with passage-based questions, or not considering the issue deeply enough. I wouldn't say that I had much trouble with the surface-level content stuff. Has this section been tough for anyone else? Are there things I can do to improve on this type of question? What have other people found helpful for approaching these questions? Can I really improve on this type of question or am I doomed to be blasted into MCAT oblivion?

Members don't see this ad.