Can I hold my seat for one year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I recently got accepted to NYU college of dentistry and I am a Canadian applicant.

I am just wondering is it possible to hold my seat for one year and attend the school next academic year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed with the above, you can't just decide to defer acceptance. You need to have good reasons and be approved for it, even then it's not a guarantee. If you decline the offer just know you can't really reapply to the schools that accepted you unless you can explain to admissions why you didn't take their first offer. Congrats on the acceptance! I would take the offer if you can, reapplying is not easy and can often be much more difficult.