Starting Dental school from the first year for the International Dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DX_2021

Reaction score
Hey Friends,
I was wondering if international dentists can start a regular 4-year dental school. Has anyone experienced or researched that pathway? Do they accept D.D.S or D.M.D as a prerequisite bachelor for 4-year dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Friends,
I was wondering if international dentists can start a regular 4-year dental school. Has anyone experienced or researched that pathway? Do they accept D.D.S or D.M.D as a prerequisite bachelor for 4-year dental school?
Closest thing is what Dr.MarioRobles mentioned. UF offers an advanced dental program for 2 people per year that will use your foreign degree for acceptance. Know that you will end up still having to take a bench and have the same crazy competition. Sad but true. NOVA is not any better they are a little over 3 years as well for their program. Both programs there are over 700 applicants each year.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends has done the 4-year program at BU as an international dentist, I think the competition is no way easier since there are only ~128 spots in total opened to international applicants every year nationwide. But if you have a green card or citizenship that would be different.

One of my friends has done the 4-year program at BU as an international dentist, I think the competition is no way easier since there are only ~128 spots in total opened to international applicants every year nationwide. But if you have a green card or citizenship that would be different.
Competition is not easier. I have a citizenship, but saw how crazy going into traditional is.