can I improve in less than a month??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first full length (AMCAS #7) and I got a 29, I have only gone through about half of the EK coursework so I am pretty happy with that considering how poorly I do on st. tests normally, but I am wondering if I can improve (I take the test on June 13th) to around a 33? I got a 14 in verbal, 10 in BS, and a low low 5 in PS, I have known that my PS is low and just got in the TBR gen chem and physics books so I plan to use those, and continue to go over the rest of the EK material for all sections, do you think this is a good plan?? I also plan to take around 6 more FLs before the date, any other suggestions? Can it be done?

Members don't see this ad.

You can definitely raise it up. The good think about your point spread is that verbal isn't low. VR is the hardest to pull up. The sciences are relatively easy with PS being easier than BS due to some of the recent changes to BS. Try doing tons of PS practice problems. If you can get it, the EK 1001 PS books may help you nail down the basics.

well your distribution is fantastically wide. 5PS is no good. I suggest you hit the PS hard if you aren't doing so already. Your VR seems to be great. You need a 10 in all sections to be considered competitive. A 9 is O.K. and sometimes an 8 is as well. Depends on the program your trying to get into (DO vs MD vs Post-Bacc)

also, just know that for PS and BS there is a diminishing returns to the amount of time you put into studying the material. Also, like the BS section, the PS section is a lot of introduced material, and the answers to these questions are at times available in some way in the passage. But I don't mean to say you should stop studying it, of course!

Based on the scoring and differing performance on test day, your VR probably wont be at a 14. It will probably be close though.

PS is very easy to improve. It involves a lot of equations so that just through rote memorization you should be able to improve markedly.

Based on the scoring and differing performance on test day, your VR probably wont be at a 14. It will probably be close though.

PS is very easy to improve. It involves a lot of equations so that just through rote memorization you should be able to improve markedly.

Ya PS has been so hard for me the whole time, I hate physics mostly bc i suck at it so I am not at all surprised at the 5, I have never got a higher score than a 8 on any 30 min exam in EK, so the plan I guess is do the TBR for the PS and continue on with the EK for everything else...so you think just keep plugging the basics is the best way to go???