Can I include this on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mreyno18

Reaction score
In one of my non-science courses, I completed a separate independent research project. I made a survey and collected data and then wrote up a research article about my project, data, and analysis. I put a lot of work into it (around 40 hours) and was wondering if that was something I could include in AMCAS.
It’s not published and I didn’t present it. But the report was professional and lengthy.

Members don't see this ad.

Many people do research for credit and list it in the work/activities section. I've also seen shadowing and volunteering that was part of a course also listed in that section.

If this was a "non-science course" what kind of survey research were you doing? Was this social science (sociology, anthropology, etc) or business? :confused:

Many people do research for credit and list it in the work/activities section. I've also seen shadowing and volunteering that was part of a course also listed in that section.

If this was a "non-science course" what kind of survey research were you doing? Was this social science (sociology, anthropology, etc) or business? :confused:
It was for a sociology course and the research was about healthcare/covid, so it was related to medicine

Was there a testable hypothesis or was this exploratory or pilot research? Engaged for 40 hours in research (a fairly short time period), the results of which were not promulgated (published, presented), is not going to impress anyone in terms of research experience and productivity even it "was related to medicine."

Reactions: 1 users