can i put pending activities on my CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kr862313

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an internship lined up at the psychiatric center next semester, but am applying to grad school this fall. Can I still include this activity on my CV even though I haven't started yet? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Pending activities can be difficult to figure out. I usually say that presentations and publications are okay to put pending, but I'm not so sure about this internship.... I mean, you'll only have a month or so under your belt before interviews. At the same time, it is an excellent experience that should be considered. It is a borderline case, but do keep this in mind--if you cut it from your CV you can try to include in your personal statement instead.

Sorry that I haven't been much help with this, I would be curious what other people would think about this.

I think so, as long as it's a) definitely going to happen, and b) clear on your c.v. that it hasn't happened yet--"To begin Jan 2008", etc.

yep, I agree. I had been accepted into a pretty competitive program at my local children's hospital and i wasn't starting training until december. obviously i was doing applications in Oct-Nov, so I did what psychcanon suggested and put the dates up as when I would start with an * for a footnote that stated I had been accepted and that date was the scheduled start date for the program. Just make sure that's really clear.