Can I reuse letters from Last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildestdreams25

Reaction score
I was planning on applying last cycle, but decided to wait a year to submit my application. Most of my letters were written in mid May of 2022, but I am applying this cycle. The letters are submitted on Interfolio, and I wanted to submit them this year. I don't know where, but I saw somewhere that if you decide to submit old letters from last year, they should be written after May 31st of last year, so in my case May 31st of 2022 and after. Is this true, or should I just submit my old letters?

Thank you loves

Members don't see this ad.

Ideally you should ask each school. For me, I didn't mind if one letter was current (what you did in the last year), but that will change for each committee. I think you are fine.

EDIT: never heard of this May 31 rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
saw somewhere that if you decide to submit old letters from last year, they should be written after May 31st of last year, so in my case May 31st of 2022 and after. Is this true, or should I just submit my old letters?
No idea where you heard that. It's not true. You will be fine using your "old" letters.

Reactions: 2 users
Ideally you should ask each school. For me, I didn't mind if one letter was current (what you did in the last year), but that will change for each committee. I think you are fine.

EDIT: never heard of this May 31 rule.
Haha I don't know where I heard it either. Must be in my dreams cause I was stressing over it