Can I see my finalized, scanned and uploaded LOR in ERAS ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyneuron

cyneuron
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I am not able to understand it. May be its not possible. But wanted to confirm.

Is there a way to see the actual finalized, scanned and uploaded LOR by ECFMG/ERAS, on ERAS website under Documents > Letter of Recommendations ?

All we can see is the finalized list and names of author and when were the LOR uploaded to ERAS office.

I mean, I would like to see and make sure that they scanned the right LOR under right name. For example, I sent 3 LOR together, and there may be a chance of human error in uploading an LOR under a different author (from the 3 names I finalized). And then later if I decide to use only 2 from 3, I may be actually sending a different LOR.

I know its hypothetical, but also quite real possibility in my understanding. I hope I am able to convey what I mean.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

So I am not able to understand it. May be its not possible. But wanted to confirm.

Is there a way to see the actual finalized, scanned and uploaded LOR by ECFMG/ERAS, on ERAS website under Documents > Letter of Recommendations ?

All we can see is the finalized list and names of author and when were the LOR uploaded to ERAS office.

I mean, I would like to see and make sure that they scanned the right LOR under right name. For example, I sent 3 LOR together, and there may be a chance of human error in uploading an LOR under a different author (from the 3 names I finalized). And then later if I decide to use only 2 from 3, I may be actually sending a different LOR.

I know its hypothetical, but also quite real possibility in my understanding. I hope I am able to convey what I mean.

Yes, we know what you mean. And the answer is "no."

Thanks for sharing your "insight" almighty !!!

I answered your question without any sort of spite. You asked your question as if it was extraordinarily difficult to understand. I said it was clear, I got it and the answer was no.

If you're going to be a douchebag when people answer your questions correctly and appropriately, perhaps you should go somewhere else. I hear 4chan is popular for simple questions these days.

This is by design in ERAS. Many people have waived their right to see their LOR. Thus, you cannot see them in ERAS.

You should have attached a cover letter to each LOR. Each cover letter (I believe) has a bar code on it, which ensures that the letter matches the cover letter which matches the slot you created. Could it get screwed up? Sure, but the problem would most likely be you attaching the wrong letter to the wrong cover letter. In any case, there is no way to check and you simply have to assume that the system worked correctly.

I answered your question without any sort of spite. You asked your question as if it was extraordinarily difficult to understand. I said it was clear, I got it and the answer was no.

If you're going to be a douchebag when people answer your questions correctly and appropriately, perhaps you should go somewhere else. I hear 4chan is popular for simple questions these days.

Thanks for answering my question.

From your past responses to my posts, I thought it was just another sarcastic comment from you. And I apologize if I took you wrong.

This is by design in ERAS. Many people have waived their right to see their LOR. Thus, you cannot see them in ERAS.

You should have attached a cover letter to each LOR. Each cover letter (I believe) has a bar code on it, which ensures that the letter matches the cover letter which matches the slot you created. Could it get screwed up? Sure, but the problem would most likely be you attaching the wrong letter to the wrong cover letter. In any case, there is no way to check and you simply have to assume that the system worked correctly.

Thanks for answering aPD.

I understand the concept of waiver. I asked this question in context of non-waived letters.

Anyways, as I had said in the very first post, there is no way of seeing non-waived letter in ERAS. Thanks for confirming.

Go to your school's student affairs office - or letter clearinghouse or wherever you had the letter mailed to - and ask them to look at what was uploaded. They have access to the database. They can tell you if it was the correct one or not. Why make this hard?