Can I still apply to podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jt19971331

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe there is any way a medical school can find out that you've applied to podiatry programs. Maybe if they are under the same university? You should be fine otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!
Med schools are not omniscient.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Yes you could. The podiatry applications are separate from DO/MD schools. They won't know unless you tell them.

Podiatry is not a back up to DO schools. What are your stats? Is this your first cycle?
If you have >500 and >3.2 then you should improve your app a bit, and reapply with a wide net - you'll get into a DO school someplace
If you're cool with clipping toenails and starting at $80k/yr as an associate with $300k debt then go for it now

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Have you shadowed a podiatrist? Some schools may want a DPM letter.

Podiatry is not a back up to DO schools. What are your stats? Is this your first cycle?
If you have >500 and >3.2 then you should improve your app a bit, and reapply with a wide net - you'll get into a DO school someplace
If you're cool with clipping toenails and starting at $80k/yr as an associate with $300k debt then go for it now
first cycle, 3.57 sci gpa 3.5 cgpa, 501 mcat after retake. thanks for your reply!

first cycle, 3.57 sci gpa 3.5 cgpa, 501 mcat after retake. thanks for your reply!
You should have gotten a DO acceptance with those stats. I even have classmates (MD) with similar stats to yours. Did you apply far and wide?

You should have gotten a DO acceptance with those stats. I even have classmates (MD) with similar stats to yours. Did you apply far and wide?
I applied to around 10 schools, the only problem is my retake was in January. hoping to get an acceptance soon
thanks for your reply!

• Wow
I applied to around 10 schools, the only problem is my retake was in January. hoping to get an acceptance soon
thanks for your reply!
Did you get your score back in January or just take it in January?