Can I still apply to podiatry

Started by jt19971331
Tags Tags
podiatry
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jt19971331

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!
 
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!
Med schools are not omniscient.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!
Yes you could. The podiatry applications are separate from DO/MD schools. They won't know unless you tell them.
 
Podiatry is not a back up to DO schools. What are your stats? Is this your first cycle?
If you have >500 and >3.2 then you should improve your app a bit, and reapply with a wide net - you'll get into a DO school someplace
If you're cool with clipping toenails and starting at $80k/yr as an associate with $300k debt then go for it now
 
Hi everyone,

I've applied to DO schools and still haven't gotten an acceptance yet but completed several interviews recently. Can I apply to podiatry schools without med schools knowing I applied to podiatry programs? Not trying to jeopardize my chances of possibly starting med school
Thanks in advance!
Have you shadowed a podiatrist? Some schools may want a DPM letter.
 
Podiatry is not a back up to DO schools. What are your stats? Is this your first cycle?
If you have >500 and >3.2 then you should improve your app a bit, and reapply with a wide net - you'll get into a DO school someplace
If you're cool with clipping toenails and starting at $80k/yr as an associate with $300k debt then go for it now
first cycle, 3.57 sci gpa 3.5 cgpa, 501 mcat after retake. thanks for your reply!