Can I still get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andres8a

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, So im a Junior at Elon University. This past summer I did a internship at a Gym and a Physical Therapist. I have around 180h of internship with personal training and 243 for physical therapy and have made great connections with a bunch of other therapists. I plan on doing more internships at another physical therapy office. My downside is I have a 2.9 GPA... I know I can bring this up to a 3.1 by next year but im not sure what my chances to getting in even are. What do you guys recommend me to do? PT is a huge passion for me and I want to continue it but not sure if I can and how I should do it.

Members don't see this ad.

Try to raise your prereq GPA as high as possible and study for GREs it is worth applying even if it takes more then one round to get in.

@andres8a
I would try and get your GPA up as high as you can before you apply. This summer and next I would retake a couple of your pre reqs that you did bad in. If you retake a couple and gets A's in them and do well your junior and Senior year you can get up to a 3.3 to 3.4 and be fairly competitive. Also began studying for the GRE and try and do as well as you can on that.

I would retake any prereqs that you have less than an A in. That way, even though you are applying with a very low overall GPA, your pre req GPA will be good.