Can I still match?

Started by RurMed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RurMed

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Allopathic student 220 STEP 1 first try, yet to take either STEP 2 exam. Below average student, mostly B's, some C's, but did not fail anything. I am worried that I will not match neurology because I think I got a satisfactory (C) in fourth year neuro clerkship. Am I doomed or can I still match if I apply broadly? I got neuro-ICU course I am taking now followed by internal sub-internship.
 
Allopathic student 220 STEP 1 first try, yet to take either STEP 2 exam. Below average student, mostly B's, some C's, but did not fail anything. I am worried that I will not match neurology because I think I got a satisfactory (C) in fourth year neuro clerkship. Am I doomed or can I still match if I apply broadly? I got neuro-ICU course I am taking now followed by internal sub-internship.

Yes you can if you apply broadly. And go on plenty interviews. You might not end up at your top choice, but close to it. Try to take step 2 before October so you can show the interviewers how much you improved.
 
Last year, out of 390 U.S. seniors, only 10 did not match into neurology. Average Step 1 was 230 +/- 10. Average Step 2 was 240 +/- 10. Score around 240 or higher on Step 2 and you will be fine! Apply broadly.