Can I take orgo-bio-g.chem in an order in the real DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterpostbacst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking DAT on July 25 and was wonderin if I could take orgo, bio, and general chem in an order in the real DAT. Is it only to go back and forth each question or can go back and forth each SECTION? I feel confident on orgo-bio-chem order, so...hopefully...

Members don't see this ad.

no, you can only go Bio, then G. Chem, then O. Chem. Once you have completed it all, then you can jump around anywhere in the Natural Science Section.

I am taking DAT on July 25 and was wonderin if I could take orgo, bio, and general chem in an order in the real DAT. Is it only to go back and forth each question or can go back and forth each SECTION? I feel confident on orgo-bio-chem order, so...hopefully...
Nope! You must complete each section in the following order:
-Biology
-G-chem
-O-chem
...Which is why all practice tests are set in this order as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
technically, you could. you'd just have to skip all the bio and gen chem to get to orgo. then go all the way back to the beginning after finishing orgo

technically, you could. you'd just have to skip all the bio and gen chem to get to orgo. then go all the way back to the beginning after finishing orgo

you'd also have to take into account the extra minute or so to click through all the questions lol. you might end up needing it!

As was said..you could punch through all the questions and do them out of order.

There really is more than enough time in the science section, so you could. Try it out on a practice timed test and see how it works.