hunterpostbacst

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I am taking DAT on July 25 and was wonderin if I could take orgo, bio, and general chem in an order in the real DAT. Is it only to go back and forth each question or can go back and forth each SECTION? I feel confident on orgo-bio-chem order, so...hopefully...

ethanyoo726

7+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Resident [Any Field]
no, you can only go Bio, then G. Chem, then O. Chem. Once you have completed it all, then you can jump around anywhere in the Natural Science Section.

May 15, 2009
CA
Status
Dental Student
I am taking DAT on July 25 and was wonderin if I could take orgo, bio, and general chem in an order in the real DAT. Is it only to go back and forth each question or can go back and forth each SECTION? I feel confident on orgo-bio-chem order, so...hopefully...
Nope! You must complete each section in the following order:
-Biology
-G-chem
-O-chem
...Which is why all practice tests are set in this order as well.

Erhatstil

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
technically, you could. you'd just have to skip all the bio and gen chem to get to orgo. then go all the way back to the beginning after finishing orgo

Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2009
Long Island, NY
Status
Pre-Dental
technically, you could. you'd just have to skip all the bio and gen chem to get to orgo. then go all the way back to the beginning after finishing orgo
you'd also have to take into account the extra minute or so to click through all the questions lol. you might end up needing it!

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Status
Dental Student
As was said..you could punch through all the questions and do them out of order.

There really is more than enough time in the science section, so you could. Try it out on a practice timed test and see how it works.