Can I transfer DO credits to Masters Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jade123*

Reaction score
Have everything but COMLEX 2 for DO degree. Any ideas for transferring DO credits to get a masters? After failing COMLEX 2 twice I wish to move on to health care finance -- but hate to lose 4 years and have no degree.

Anyone do this successfully?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
But you don't learn healthcare finance in DO school...

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. If you can pass med school classes, and Comlex 1, you CAN pass Comlex 2. Get your butt in gear and Pass 2.!! I get it if you don't want to practice medicine and move into administration. No problem. It will be much easier to do this with you medical degree. I would look at it as 4 years of blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY, yet coming up with nothing. You have shown you can do this. Get off your butt, dust yourself off, check with your school if you can still meet the requirements to graduate, and get 'er done! Good luck and best wishes!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I've been there, and trust me I know how it feels. It's never easy, but it's worth it to keep fighting for your DO degree. Failing Level 2 twice hurts, but you can still have a rewarding career as a physician if you want to. Self doubt is your greatest enemy. Determination is key!

Here's my own story with failure: Motivation for low stat DO students

• Love
Reactions: 7 users