Can I use my Independent Study as AMCAS Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laura Jean

Reaction score
I did an independent study in Psychology this past semester. It is technically on my transcript and worth credits, but it is something I want to write more about and describe. I am considering using it as one of my activities as well though since I want to write about it more and talk about what I did. Can I do this even though it is listed on my coursework?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, people do this all the time with research that was done for credit and even "volunteering" that was part of a sociology class. There are even classes that include shadowing hours and those are described in the activities section of AMCAS.

Reactions: 3 users
I did an independent study in Psychology this past semester. It is technically on my transcript and worth credits, but it is something I want to write more about and describe. I am considering using it as one of my activities as well though since I want to write about it more and talk about what I did. Can I do this even though it is listed on my coursework?
I did for all my research, worked out in my favor.