You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Can I use WikiEM for CME?
Started by Angry Birds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
UpToDate.
This is what I do. It's pricey but I can't remember the last time I bothered with an online or conference CME course. Plus, I use UptoDate all the time. It's about the only thing clinical that I read anymore. Anytime the state or hospital wants some CME, just print it out and you're done.UpToDate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How often do you have to provide evidence about CME?
I'm aware that at anytime the hospital, state, or other authority can ask. But I've yet to been asked for any.
I'm aware that at anytime the hospital, state, or other authority can ask. But I've yet to been asked for any.
I don't have Uptodate nor do I really use it that often. My question is about WikiEM.
Anyone know?
Can I just claim WikiEM since I actually do use it regularly?
Anyone know?
Can I just claim WikiEM since I actually do use it regularly?
This is what I do. It's pricey but I can't remember the last time I bothered with an online or conference CME course. Plus, I use UptoDate all the time. It's about the only thing clinical that I read anymore. Anytime the state or hospital wants some CME, just print it out and you're done.
HCA pays for it.
I've already racked up enough for my next license renewal.
You can claim AMA category 2 credits on it.I don't have Uptodate nor do I really use it that often. My question is about WikiEM.
Anyone know?
Can I just claim WikiEM since I actually do use it regularly?
I think in most states, half your reqs can be documented this way.
Doximity is awesome. Comes with a CME tracker where you can also upload Cme certificates from modules completed elsewhere. Can then print out a Cme report for Credentialing, super handy.I get mine just browsing Doximity.
I got asked to prove I had enough CME the first time I needed to renew my license. Luckily, I was a resident at the time so I more than met the CME requirementHow often do you have to provide evidence about CME?
I'm aware that at anytime the hospital, state, or other authority can ask. But I've yet to been asked for any.
I got asked to prove I had enough CME the first time I needed to renew my license. Luckily, I was a resident at the time so I more than met the CME requirement
Florida has you submit 38 CME credits for every renewal (2 years).
I think 8 of those 38 need to be their specific topics of choice (medical errors, DV, human trafficking, HIV/AIDS)
I got asked to prove I had enough CME the first time I needed to renew my license. Luckily, I was a resident at the time so I more than met the CME requirement
Who asked you?
State medical board. Since I needed to renew the license. Program coordinator chuckled a bit and said she’d handle it for me. Haven’t been asked since.Who asked you?
Well in one state where I was licensed, there were about 3,000 licensed physicians, and every year about 10 receive board discipline for not being able to verify their CME during an audit.How often do you have to provide evidence about CME?
I'm aware that at anytime the hospital, state, or other authority can ask. But I've yet to been asked for any.
I think they kept their exact audit rate and criteria secret, but either they audit a fair number, or a fair number of those audited are caught.
Well in one state where I was licensed, there were about 3,000 licensed physicians, and every year about 10 receive board discipline for not being able to verify their CME during an audit.
I think they kept their exact audit rate and criteria secret, but either they audit a fair number, or a fair number of those audited are caught.
Damn.
FL makes you submit your certificates to even qualify to renew your license.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does a board discipline for this practically mean?Well in one state where I was licensed, there were about 3,000 licensed physicians, and every year about 10 receive board discipline for not being able to verify their CME during an audit.
I think they kept their exact audit rate and criteria secret, but either they audit a fair number, or a fair number of those audited are caught.
Will it follow you around everywhere sort of thing?
I gotta be honest. I always say I am gonna find a shortcut for CME but then I just end up doing it haha. I saw a thread from my own self before about the same topic. lol
I think I'll just use the opportunity to do some Hippo EM, EMRAP, or something like that
I think I'll just use the opportunity to do some Hippo EM, EMRAP, or something like that
Last edited:
You have to report that you were disciplined by a med board. It makes your life more difficult. Like a DWI/DUI/whatever you call it follows someone in the general public around, so does this.What does a board discipline for this practically mean?
Will it follow you around everywhere sort of thing?
Damn.
FL makes you submit your certificates to even qualify to renew your license.
I've never handed in one thing. Surprising.
Commiefornia doesn't ask for CME proof before renewal?I've never handed in one thing. Surprising.
Damn, it would be a great way for them to leech more money from you.
In FL, they even make you use a software called "CE Broker" with plenty of paid options to do things that otherwise any non reprobate can do for themselves.
A random exampleWhat does a board discipline for this practically mean?
Will it follow you around everywhere sort of thing?
Where things can turn into a bigger mess is when you are licensed in a number of states and board discipline in one state reflexively results in discipline in the other states.
You have successfully scared me straightA random example
Where things can turn into a bigger mess is when you are licensed in a number of states and board discipline in one state reflexively results in discipline in the other states.
My week is complete then.You have successfully scared me straight
For everyone else I can't emphasize enough how the license renewal form can screw you up. Read very carefully.
I had a coworker years ago who got into trouble for doing his one hour of "end of life" care three hours too early. There was another case I didn't know personally where someone got into trouble since his CME in "hospice care" didn't meet the medical board's definition of "end of life care."
There are also a lot of people who get into trouble when it comes to reporting malpractice cases/settlements/judgements. It can get tricky determining the exact timeframe a settlement has to be reported and a nuisance settlement may slip by entirely unnoticed.
As I mentioned this is also important if you are licensed in a number of states, since if you get dinged in one state, that will result in discipline in all the others. A ton of paperwork if nothing else.
Pay attention to those boxes you are checking and remember that those words are taken literally.
Emrap you get 4.5 come from the quizzes they have opioids which states require and it’s easy to track
I do t like doximity since you have to manually add and forward certificates no thanks
I do t like doximity since you have to manually add and forward certificates no thanks
Oh, and, if reprimanded by the board, that gets an NPDB entry, too.You have to report that you were disciplined by a med board. It makes your life more difficult. Like a DWI/DUI/whatever you call it follows someone in the general public around, so does this.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K