Can not going to all the optional info sessions granted to II applicants kill one’s app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1106140

Can not going to all the optional info sessions granted to II applicants kill one’s app?

Members don't see this ad.

Check to see how the school words the “optional” part. If it’s “highly recommended”, you should probably go. If they really stress that it’s completely optional and you don’t feel that indirect pressuring/there’s nothing there between the lines, then go if you want to.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied before, I never went to those optional events with current students and still got in. I don’t think it plays much of an impact. In my opinion, the risk/reward was too high. I will be “going” to the virtual ones as they seem like less pressure.

My school is keeping track of that stuff to gauge "interest." I would go. Why wouldn't you...?

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like it varies from school to school, but if it is the kind of zoom where you can’t turn your camera on or get called on, just sign in and listen. If it is expected for you to interact with people then go if you aren’t at work. I would only start gambling with it being a school that doesn’t care after you have an acceptance.

and to be clear, this is irrelevant to the question of should schools be caring about this stuff. I know for a fact at least one does :/