Can one bring a laryngoscope on a flight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Skylark32205

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I have a relative currently in USA who I'm asking to purchase a laryngoscope and blades off of ebay for me. However, she's concerned whether or not it would be allowed in her luggage. Has anyone had any experience with this?
 
Hello! I have a relative currently in USA who I'm asking to purchase a laryngoscope and blades off of ebay for me. However, she's concerned whether or not it would be allowed in her luggage. Has anyone had any experience with this?
You can take them. If carry on, they will select the bag for visual inspection and swiping.

Checked bags should be just as usual.
 
Last edited:
Hello! I have a relative currently in USA who I'm asking to purchase a laryngoscope and blades off of ebay for me. However, she's concerned whether or not it would be allowed in her luggage. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Should not be a problem in luggage. You might want to consider removing the batteries though. I often times carry a disposable Miller or Mac in my carryon and it hasn't been taken away yet. I don't think I have even had my carryon hand searched. I did have a set of Macgills taken away at a Japanese airport once. This includes going through American and international airports.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad