Thoughts on a useful gift for graduating fellows?

Started by Drwine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drwine

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reaching out for some feedback. I would like to give a gift that would be useful and not clutter for our fellows graduating this year. Everyone already has a stethoscope. Thoughts on something in the $100 range that would be useful and not clutter?
 
Costco uber gift card on sale for $75 for $100 worth of uber rides/eats. Can get it online.

Zero effort.
 
Given what a cluster f*ck that airline travel has been lately a backpack primarily designed to be used instead of a wheeled carry on is very useful for trips. Thoughts?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Something memorable to put in their office?
Pretty sure you are a CT attending.
There are lots of cool hearts on stilts out there.

IMG_8242.jpeg
 
Reaching out for some feedback. I would like to give a gift that would be useful and not clutter for our fellows graduating this year. Everyone already has a stethoscope. Thoughts on something in the $100 range that would be useful and not clutter?
Skip the gift. A hearty handshake and a genuine "good luck" is the only gift a graduating fellow needs.
 
We had a nice BBQ with all the faculty in my PD's backyard. Then they gave us a bourbon barrel lid (relevant to our locale) with it painted as follows.

Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
2022-2023

-school logo/letters big-
-school name-

"My name D.O."

I like it. Looks great. Cool memory. Can hang on the wall or prop it up. Has hooks to hang it.
 
Something like a shoulder/messenger bag or sling bag like those from Timbuk2, Patagonia, etc, or even one of those leather ones. I personally still use a Timbuk2 bag everyday. Even if they won't use it for work, there's always occasions where you need a bag to carry stuff.
 
We had a nice BBQ with all the faculty in my PD's backyard. Then they gave us a bourbon barrel lid (relevant to our locale) with it painted as follows.

Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
2022-2023

-school logo/letters big-
-school name-

"My name D.O."

I like it. Looks great. Cool memory. Can hang on the wall or prop it up. Has hooks to hang it.
For my fellowship graduation, I was given a Nambe serving dish. I'll never use it, but it is pretty, and it is definitely representative of NM. It was also engraved on the bottom.