Can Physics 2 wait until last semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stoshdawg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about pushing my Physics back so that I would be finishing my second Physics class the Spring semester before I would start D-school in the Fall (theoretically). Which would mean I'd be looking for an acceptance before I've completed Physics 2 (a prereq). Do they accept applicants before they've finished all of their prereqs or would they likely not accept me and expect me to finish up and apply the next year?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I'm thinking about pushing my Physics back so that I would be finishing my second Physics class the Spring semester before I would start D-school in the Fall (theoretically). Which would mean I'd be looking for an acceptance before I've completed Physics 2 (a prereq). Do they accept applicants before they've finished all of their prereqs or would they likely not accept me and expect me to finish up and apply the next year?

Thanks for your help!
Prety sure its as long as you complete all pre reqs by the time you graduate/enter d school

Yep, its all good. Most schools probably won't care at all, if you're accepted it will be a "conditional acceptance" to make sure you pass physics II with a C or higher, otherwise your acceptance will be revoked. Some schools may rank you a little bit lower on their interview list for an unfulfilled prereq so you might want to check with some of the schools you'll be applying to just in case. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO, take the physics as early as you can unless your stats are good and consistent. If you're all A's and B's and physics I is a decent grade, then nobody will care. But certainly adcoms will be hesitant to take someone who has lower stats AND has not fulfilled all the criteria. Hope this helps!

So far I have a 3.6 and all As in my math and science classes. But I've only taken 5 of them :)

I would looove to bump physics back. It would take a huge load off my shoulders.

I am doing the same thing you are thinking about doing. I am pushing back physics II back until the spring. I think it's a smart choice - it's a tough class and probably the least important after the English requirement.

So far I have a 3.6 and all As in my math and science classes. But I've only taken 5 of them :)

I would looove to bump physics back. It would take a huge load off my shoulders.

Solid academics! Go for it kiddo! :thumbup: