Can somebody give me advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I am graduating this year, i only have 1 class to take which is writing class. This class has to be taken in August in order to consider 2008 graduate. However, i will be taking DAT on August 20 (i cannot take it sooner than August because i am not prepared).
I can delay that only 1 class to take during the Fall 2008 in order to study for my DAT during August BUT on the degree certificate it will not be 2008 graduate but instead 2009 graduate. That might mistake dental school thinking i am really dumb to complete undergrad in 6 years.
My question is should i take the writing class during August or just wait for Fall in order to excel my DAT in August?

Thank you for reading this

Members don't see this ad.

Are you studying for the DAT now? If you are studying for the DAT full-time, then you should be prepared by August. If you're not studying for DAT now, I suggest you do. If you're busy, then studying for the DAT in August with the writing class is fine. Just remember to keep your focus. Take the DAT seriously and get it done right the first time!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just do not think taking one writing class in the fall is a good idea at all.
not just the fact that you'll be graudating in 6 years, but tuition and other living expenses would just be pointless in my opinion

yeah i also suggest that you start on DAT now (you have good month and a half to be hardcore) and keep studying DAT during your writing section. I am pretty sure it'll take some time away from your DAT studying but I don't think writing class can be that bad as long as you have prepared yourself for month and a half (then you probably just have to review by the time your class starts)

also dental schools want students that can handle time management, so you giving them an excuse saying i needed to push back my writing class for DAT preparation is not a good excuse in their views so i think if you can manage both, that would be the best way to go

Thanks guys for answering!!!

Can you take the writing course Pass/Fail? That will maximize the amount of time you can devote to studying for the DAT.