Can someone comment on my routine during dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigfootisreal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
M2 here starting dedicated. I’ve got 5 weeks to myself before I sit for step.

My days consist of 2-3 Uworld blocks in the morning (timed and random), followed by review of each question and making anki cards/cross referencing in FA. I try and take note of anything that I felt uncomfortable with or lacked major confidence on and write that down. I usually take a small break after this before starting anki. In the afternoon I have been doing on my lightyear reviews, along with the cards I make from UW and sketchy/pathoma cards (finished these before dedicated). This usually takes me 3-4 hours. The last 2 or so hours in the evening I spend revisiting the concepts from the subjects I felt weak on from UW questions via boards and beyond, pathoma, or sketchy +/- anki. My day usually ends around the 11-12 hour mark and I’m taking 1 day off a week except for anki. Also doing a practice test a week.

baseline is 211 on NBME 20 and I’ve been hitting low to mid 70’s on UW. Does this seem like a feasible plan for the rest of dedicated? My goal is a 240-245.

Any feedback or comments are welcomed. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

M2 here starting dedicated. I’ve got 5 weeks to myself before I sit for step.

My days consist of 2-3 Uworld blocks in the morning (timed and random), followed by review of each question and making anki cards/cross referencing in FA. I try and take note of anything that I felt uncomfortable with or lacked major confidence on and write that down. I usually take a small break after this before starting anki. In the afternoon I have been doing on my lightyear reviews, along with the cards I make from UW and sketchy/pathoma cards (finished these before dedicated). This usually takes me 3-4 hours. The last 2 or so hours in the evening I spend revisiting the concepts from the subjects I felt weak on from UW questions via boards and beyond, pathoma, or sketchy +/- anki. My day usually ends around the 11-12 hour mark and I’m taking 1 day off a week except for anki. Also doing a practice test a week.

baseline is 211 on NBME 20 and I’ve been hitting low to mid 70’s on UW. Does this seem like a feasible plan for the rest of dedicated? My goal is a 240-245.

Any feedback or comments are welcomed. Thanks
You’re doing very well. Take uwsa 1 in about a week to hopefully boost your confidence then get pwned by the nbmes. Take uwsa2 and the free 120 about a week before and check Ben whites review of the 120 and just go for it. Keep it up!

You’re doing very well. Take uwsa 1 in about a week to hopefully boost your confidence then get pwned by the nbmes. Take uwsa2 and the free 120 about a week before and check Ben whites review of the 120 and just go for it. Keep it up!

that was my plan exactly. I was going to take UW1 next week before submitting to the NBMEs lol. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This looks like a solid plan. I'm assuming you've already finished going through First Aid and Pathoma? UWorld is the absolute best resource for Step so make sure you get through all the questions (or almost all the questions) and have reviewed each one (not just the ones that you got wrong).

Excuse my ignorance but What’s Lightyear? Is It a Flashcards site just like Anki?