Remediation Routines?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mudfud26

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently remediating a Musculoskeletal block where I passed the second exam and board-style cumulative, but failed the heavily cadaver-based anatomy exam. My remediation is 2.5 weeks of independent study and another board-style exam. Do you have any suggestions to add structure to my current routine?

Currently I do some combination of
-Anki: Review card in the relevant AnKing decks, getting more cards for the anatomy portion, plus I have 3 decks on the upper and lower limb anatomy
-Practice questions: At least 10 in UWorld, 10 in Amboss, and possibly 10 from the Texas Tech MS Anatomy practice site ( Anatomy Practicals ). Write down weak material to review relevant lectures.
-Review Amboss articles/First Aid/Lectures for relevant pathologies that I missed or was clueless on practice questions or Anki
-Review the anatomy lecture material (slow, tedious, not really effective with time)

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I passed the NBME for the block and have to take an NBME for remediation. I wasn’t sure how commonly used the term was between schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming we're both talking about exams written by the NBME -

1) # of unique questions is key - 100% uWorld, and try to do as much of Amboss as possible.
2) For confusing topics - read the Amboss article, and do a focused Q-bank session on Amboss. Obviously, this focused q-bank session will be easy b/c you'll know the topic going in. However, you'll find questions typically follow a pattern when asking about a specific topic. If you see questions about one subject in quick succession, you'll be able to pick up on these patterns more easily.
3) If I remember correctly, gross anatomy is pretty low yield on the NBME.
4) If your school does not write the questions, reviewing in house PowerPoints is usually low yield.
5) If you do need content review, stick to the known resources - Pathoma, BnB, FA, etc.
6) Making your own Anki cards from incorrects/confusing topics can be useful if you write them well.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user