Can someone explain these 2 questions please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS4tehwin

Mr. Dumbluck
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

For that first one, it can't be B probably because it does not line up with the front end. So basically the thing sticking out is on the left side in B, while in the front end (and D) it is on the right side.

I had a little hard time with second one... I gave up on it in the middle but give me a second.

For the first, the top view looks straight down on the front view, so the part sticking out has to be on the right.

For the second, if D were correct then the front view would have all solid lines and no dashes. The dashes correspond to the 'hidden' edges in the back of choice B.

I just figured out the second one but street beat me to it. It was a little confusing. The dashed lines in the front view had me stumped.

i liked to do what i called the left hand rule, not to be confused with magnetism's right had rule from physics. for the top view hold your left hand out palm away and fingers up, for the front view palm down towards the ground and fingers away from you, and for the side view rotate fingers pointing toward the right. i think this will help. i made a 24 on the PAT so trust me.