Can someone explain this to me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of this damn MCAT. I don't know what to think about my scores and how it relates to how i will do saturday. Every practice exam i take i go over the questions one by one to understand where i went wrong and i also check why i got right answers correct. I'd think that this would increase my score over time if i continued to practice and learn from mistakes. But I have not increased my scores drastically at all and sometimes they go down. :( I studied all summer for this. I did all these tests, all the AAMC MCAT verbal practice items, all the physical and biological science practice items, and even some extra verbal exams from kaplan and PR. Here's the breakdown of my tests in the order i took them and when i took it.

April MCAT- 7,7,8 :(
AAMC III- 8,10-11,9 June 11th
AAMC IV- 9,8,10-11 June 29th
AAMC V- 7,8,9 July 13th
AAMC II- 10-11,8-9,8-9 July 18th
AAMC VI- 7,9,9 Today

My goal has been to score a 30 and i just can never seem to reach it. :mad: At this point nothing is really going to increase my score. I go into these exams pretty confident but that can only get me so far. I'm gonna have to hope for some miracle on saturday. Good luck to the rest of you.

Members don't see this ad.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL IS PROPORTIONAL TO AAMC VERSION. MCAT GETS HARDER EVERY YEAR, THEREFORE PRACTICE EXAMS WILL REFLECT MORE CHALLENGING MATERIAL AS NEW VERSIONS ARE CREATED.

not really. I don't think I NEEDED extra time nor am I a special case. If anything, the curve should be more difficult with a growing number of TOP students taking a year off and opting to take the august MCAT.

mesmerize, you will perform best if you just relax and trust yourself on test day.

peace,
biffer