Can someone help calm me down?? help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

help2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm taking the mcat tomorrow. I was totally fine, felt prepared, and have been mostly relaxing the past couple of days. I felt confident and ready.

Then, this morning, an old guy plowed into my car at 40mph and totaled it. I was LUCKY that I made it out with nothing more than some scratches and bruising. Nevertheless, I was in shock and spent a good hour crying.

So now I can't seem to get this incident out of my head. I'm calmed down a bit, but can't drop it! I tried to do some practice problems and am INSANELY unfocused. Tried to nap, too much in my head. Tried to watch TV and that doesn't work either. A Walk maybe? Any suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I'm taking the mcat tomorrow. I was totally fine, felt prepared, and have been mostly relaxing the past couple of days. I felt confident and ready.

Then, this morning, an old guy plowed into my car at 40mph and totaled it. I was LUCKY that I made it out with nothing more than some scratches and bruising. Nevertheless, I was in shock and spent a good hour crying.

So now I can't seem to get this incident out of my head. I'm calmed down a bit, but can't drop it! I tried to do some practice problems and am INSANELY unfocused. Tried to nap, too much in my head. Tried to watch TV and that doesn't work either. A Walk maybe? Any suggestions??

You just went through trauma, so I think it'll be on your mind for awhile. It might be best if you postponed your test if you're not feeling up to it :(

Yikes.....well you sounded ready so hopefully you are by then after relaxing a little bit. good luck nonetheless!

Wow D: At least you made it out alive! But if you still can't focus by tomorrow, I would definitely postpone the exam for a month or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it tomorrow.

Go work out. Go for a run. Go meditate.

Tune all that crap out. Take the exam. You need to amp yourself up for it and go at it with razor like focus.

You got this.

Take it tomorrow.

Go work out. Go for a run. Go meditate.

Tune all that crap out. Take the exam. You need to amp yourself up for it and go at it with razor like focus.

You got this.

ha, thanks. I went and laid in the grass out in the sun for a bit and read a book, did some EK problems, and tried to focus on other things. I think and hope I'll be totally focused tomorrow. Maybe I'll do some yoga videos tonight. Thanks for the motivation!

I think you should go for at least an hour long walk and just relax. Do some reading (not MCAT) and get to bed early.
Get your mind cleared and you will be fresh for tommorrow. Good Luck

ha, thanks. I went and laid in the grass out in the sun for a bit and read a book, did some EK problems, and tried to focus on other things. I think and hope I'll be totally focused tomorrow. Maybe I'll do some yoga videos tonight. Thanks for the motivation!

Good luck :thumbup: