1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

can someone help me?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tuannguyen, Jun 4, 2008.

1. tuannguyen

Well, here I am, next year will be my first year in college(big world). I wanted to be a dentist since i was little and it's time to make my dream come true.
    But i dont know where to start, i dont know what I'm going to do in my first two years of college. here is my plan:
    1)I will go to a unknown college for the first 2 years( cause i heard everyone said : what you study during your first 2 years is the same at every college, true?)
    2) after that i will transfer to a college that offered pre-med/dent program and try my best to get a good GPA and DAT score
    3) If i make it to dental school i will do the rest of the program there.
    BUt what do i have to do during my first to years in college?( what courses should i take)
    any suggestion ? or any advice?
    Any way Im freaking out and scared.
    Thank you

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ucla2134

Pre-Dental
    Hi!
    My advice is that talked to the predental counselor at your school. Pretty much dental school require B.S before matriculation, prerequisite class: gchem, orgo, physics, one year of biology, some school require biochemistry, intro psychology.
    Don't worry, you are still young

4. doc toothache

Dentist
  5. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans

i donno, but I would probably stick to just going to a university.... lots of schools don't take cc pre-req courses from college.