Can someone please clarify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey guys,

A girl that I'm currently advising asked me for more practice materials that she could do for the MCAT? i've been on here long enough to know the typical "Try EK for Verbal", "Use BR/Kaplan,etc for this particular subject" but she wants to know what full lengths she can do?

I know some people have mentioned Exam Krackers full lengths, or TPRH book but what do you guys say? Also, is TPRH one book or does it have many sections?

Sorry I'm absolutely clueless but I want to pass on the best advice so please help

Members don't see this ad.

Does this girl have specific strengths and weaknesses? Before I go into specifics, I feel that the differences between books is not as significant as made out to be on sdn.

I personally found BR pretty hard to use for general review. The passages are good for the Biological Sciences section. I used EK for a concise approach and then you can use either Kaplan or Princeton Review as a secondary source.

I think Princeton Review or BR are great for the Physical Sciences.

EK 1001 and PR verbal workbook are great. And, the one must have is the Princeton Review Science Workbook in my humble opinion.

TPRH has a book for each section, the verbal workbook, the science workbook and if you are in the class the have th in class book. It's a good set. I actually don't know of any EK full lengths. I know BR, Princeton, Kaplan and GS make practice full-lengths.

Hey guys,

A girl that I'm currently advising asked me for more practice materials that she could do for the MCAT? i've been on here long enough to know the typical "Try EK for Verbal", "Use BR/Kaplan,etc for this particular subject" but she wants to know what full lengths she can do?

I know some people have mentioned Exam Krackers full lengths, or TPRH book but what do you guys say? Also, is TPRH one book or does it have many sections?

Sorry I'm absolutely clueless but I want to pass on the best advice so please help

AAMCs are the way to go! If she took a Kaplan course she'll have access to them, but if she didn't, tell her to purchase all 8 full lengths through the AAMC. These are the best representation of what the actual exam will be like, and she should be practicing with these. Kaplan full lengths are difficult, but they tend to round up, so they're not a good representation on how one will score on the real thing.