Can someone slap me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoneMental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep getting between 70-78% on my verbal scores on my Kaplan and EK section tests.

Some of my friends tell me that I need to stop worrying and that is a good score for verbal, but I don't know. Some times, the score could be a 7 or sometimes it could be an 11.

I just want to get a 9 or above in verbal. Any thoughts? Tips? Am I within range? Or do I need to keep improving to get at least a 9?

I've tried searching the forums, but everything is all over the place (ie, some people you should look at the AAMC scale, others say use this one, that one, blah, and it hurt my head).

I really appreciate the responses from everyone, regardless of how critical they are. Thank you everyone for your time and please know you're really helping me out.

Thanks,

-Bone

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say that trying to miss no more than 1 question per passage (on average) is a pretty good goal. Getting all the questions right is an even better goal but that's not what you were asking.

Yeah...I was asking if I was within 9-10 range if I kept getting between 70% and 78% correct on my verbal.

Members don't see this ad :)
the kaplan section tests are a lot harder (and much more unpredictable) than the actual exam. i'd fluctuate from getting a series 90%+ correct sections to 78%. The key is to just work on your timing, critical analysis, and your intuition into what parts are important vs. miscellany.

about a week before my MCAT i took one of the verbal sections from a real AAMC exam. I scored a 13. I didn't take anymore practice sections until the exam. I figured whatever I was doing was working and I didn't want to mess it up.

actual MCAT VS score: 13.