Can someone tell me if my score is still Valid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kenacillin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying for the 2008 cycle, and just realized that my MCAT may not be valid anymore. Can someone verify what the last test which still may be valid for this application cycle? Is it 2005 or 2004? I also believe that all schools are different, but I am applying to most schools in MI, IL, and WI. Your help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am applying for the 2008 cycle, and just realized that my MCAT may not be valid anymore. Can someone verify what the last test which still may be valid for this application cycle? Is it 2005 or 2004? I also believe that all schools are different, but I am applying to most schools in MI, IL, and WI. Your help would be appreciated.

From TPG guide to medical schools
MSU - 'valid for 4 years''
Udub Madison - 'scores for 2007 entering class must be from 2003 or later'
UIC - 'no more than 3 years prior to application'
UC Pritzker - 'no more than 3 years old'
RFU - 'no more than 3 years old at time of matriculation'
South Il. U - 'no more thsn 2 years old'
Northwestern - 'no more than 3 years old at time of application'
Loyola U - 'scores should be from within 4 years of anticipated entrance to medical school'
Wayne State - 'scores should be from spring or fall of year prior to entrance'
Rush - 'score must be within past 4 years'
MCW - 'must be taken no more than 3 years prior to matriculation'

No info on U Michigan.

In regard to each individual medical school's MCAT policy, I think that your best bet for this kind of information is from the AAMC MSAR. You can get it through AAMC, or perhaps you can see if your premedical advising office has a copy you can borrow or look at. Also, you can contact the medical schools directly and ask. However, as a general guideline, AAMC says that MCAT scores are generally valid for three years (1)

Thanks a great deal, Sketch and Spiced. I feel much better now. Now its time to get this all going again. Your information will allow me to sleep tonight.
Thanks again guys.