Can the DAT be supplemented for the OAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cookie_nibbler

Roseman DMD'26
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!!!

I had two questions in regards to optometry school

1-I was wondering if schools would take the DAT instead of the OAT?
2-Is there any way to convert DAT scores for OAT? Like if someone, for example, has a 21 AA on the DAT, what would that convert to in regards to the OAT?

Thank you so much
 
Hello everyone!!!

I had two questions in regards to optometry school

1-I was wondering if schools would take the DAT instead of the OAT?
2-Is there any way to convert DAT scores for OAT? Like if someone, for example, has a 21 AA on the DAT, what would that convert to in regards to the OAT?

Thank you so much
No, and no.

A few schools now accept the GRE, but it's considered inferior since it doesn't include the sciences.
 
AZCOPT, CCO, OSU, NECO, NOVA, KYCO, SUNY, Salus, and both Texas schools accept other standardized tests, some include the DAT. Here is a reference:


I haven't heard that the GRE is considered "inferior", although I did hear if you submit that then your transcript is looked at more closely (especially the science courses/GPA). Hope this helps!