Can their be schools considering my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jake12344321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Canadian ( Quebec) former paramedic ( it is a college degree here, but not university). I have a 3 year bachelors degree in social sciences with a 3.77 gpa, it would go to 3.82 if the 3 worst grades where taken off. I do not have the traditional science prerequistes but I have work for more then 3 years as a paramedic ( not an emt, well, avcording to Québec's claims ). I was wondering if any US or Canadian schools would consider my application ( I know some Canadian schools not demandind science courses). I will start preparing for Mcat soon.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Also, do you know How US schools recalculate Gpa's? Do some of them take out some of the worst grades like University of Toronto does?

You can check the individual requirements for Canadian schools and the majority of them do not have strict requirements on what courses to take (only general requirements on the number of credits for humanities/science/etc., and some don't even have requirements). For most US schools however, there are very specific requirements for science courses (e.g., 1 year of organic chem, general chem, bio, physics, biochem, etc.). You will have to take those additional courses in order to apply to US schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks,

I am currently wondering if my quite good enough GPA ( about 3.77/4 when not reevaluated ; it's difficult because I come from Québec and it's calculated on 4.3 here) is good enough that it males sense investing time and money in prereuiste courses and or mcat training. I am very motivated because I miss the medical world, I was very pationate about my paramedic carrer but I hurt my back and had to stop. I was about to engage in a universty advanced care 2 year major.

I know some schools reavaluate your gpa better if you have a bachelor degree ( U of Toronto takes out your 3 worst grades).

Im. Am currently doing a masters degree in social sciences eith very good grades, does that count in the gpa in some schools?

Thanks

Sory for poor gramar and spelling, I have huges fingers and am typing on my phone :p

Seriously, as mentioned before this information is ALL on the websites of the Canadian schools, spelled out very clearly. Including dropping grades, how/if a masters is considered, etc. You are basically asking someone to find and re-write this all for you

Hi,

Thanks for youre answer. I have and am still reserching on all the schools web site. I am from Québec, and, as a good researcher, I try ro cross and complement my findings with orher kinds of information sources ( basics of the science method bro). In Quebec, a lot of things are different, it is difficult to understand different administration systems regarding this. But anyways, thanks for your helping hand!! By the way, your attitude would surly score great on Ghost!!!