Can this be found in the NET? please let me know-- where do i have to go..thanks.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. FS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is say that one can find anything in the NET. Is there a web-site where i can submit for example my GPA & MCAT and i would see the result- of how many Med-schools would accept me.

i know i can check the requirements of a particular school individualy, but that would take too much time and it is less effective. thank you in advance for those who replied.

Dr. FS

Members don't see this ad.

That is a really interesting question. I wonder how one would even go about builing a site like that. If you find it let me know. Perhaps you can create that web site if it does not exist.

A feww years back Kaplan had a medschool finder program that they were giving out on college campuses. If you entered your grades, MCAT scores, where you wanted to go to school, how much you wanted to pay, etc. it gave you a list of schools which might be suitable to apply to. I found it helpful, but have since had my computer crash and lost a lot of stuff off my hard disk including that program of which I don't have a backup. Oh, well. I am sure they are still making the software somewhere. It seems like too good an idea to not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I once saw something like that for your chances for the UC (UCLA, UCSF, etc)system schools.

You enter race, GPA, MCAT, sex, age, and even a few other things.

Also, baylor has a table in their info (mailed to you) that you can line up your GPA column with the row of your MCAT (both are in ranges not individual scores) and it will tell you how many students from last year got in Baylor.

Good luck.

My undergrad school had a sheet with the stats of all accepted med school applicants (who would release their info) and the schools they got into. Then it had averages of applicants who did not get accepted broken down by major and some other criteria that I don't remember. Check with your pre-med advisor, since the stats of your school would be most applicable to you.

blanmccalister:
thanks a lot, it is a very useful site!!!!!

Dr. FS

------------------

I just found the UC admissions data vault again. It's been updated since I last saw it.
Go to www.acusd.edu/~e_cook/vault/index.html
Click on chances for a sobering experience. My chances of getting into the school that I got into (according to whatever formula they use) were less than 3%. Lucky me!
smile.gif